DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY
Welcome to the Department of Dermatology at Khyber Teaching Hospital/MTI. This department is dedicated to provide excellence in patient care, medical education and clinical research. We aim to train residents and physicians in basic care of patients with skin diseases as well as community education and awareness as part of our mission as dermatologists. Our faculty is dedicated to provide excellence regarding academic activities and clinical research in the field of dermatology. We aim to provide a comprehensive curriculum with a committed teaching faculty to prepare our trainees for upcoming challenges in the field of dermatology.
Dr. MEHRAN KHAN
FCPS (Dermatology), CHPE (KMU)
Chairman/ Assistant Professor Dermatology department,
MTI /Khyber teaching hospital.
- To provide excellence in teaching to dermatology residents to become good clinicians who would practice medicine with ethical standards and provide best possible services to the community.
- To raise a generation of leaders in academic and clinical dermatology.
- To provide continuing medical education to clinical dermatologists in the department and community on large.
To establish the highest quality of health for patients with skin disease through skillful teaching, clinical research and the provision of empathetic, state-of-the-art medical care unit in Khyber pukhtoonkhwa.
LIST OF FACULTY MEMBERS:
2.Dr. Mehran khan,
Chairman /Assit Prof dermatology department.
2.Dr. Irfan Ullah Afridi, FCPS(derm)
Assit Prof dermatology department.
3.Dr. Sadaf Rauf,
Assist Prof dermatology department.
PROCEDURES DONE AT THE DERMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
1.Narrow Band ultraviolet radiation therapy.
2. Excimer Laser.
3. Intense pulse light therapy.
7.Wood’s Lamp examintaions.
8. Internationale injections/dermatological dressings.
ACTIVITY IN THE DERMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
1.Detailed Academic round
2.Journal Club Presentation
4..Short cases/Long cases presentations