” I joined the department of Anesthesia KMC/KTH in June 2000 as Senior Registrar which was the start of any teaching career and since then I am practicing anesthesia and critical care, till date as a Chairman of Anesthesia.
In the early days, I had a lot of difficulties regarding safe anesthesia cover in terms of staff and equipment. Gradually with the passage of time we progressed by overcoming these limitations by providing conducive working environment to the patients, staff & trainees and offered them all kind of support. At present, I am proud that I have a full faculty and other supporting staff for the provision of safe anesthesia and managing critical patients in the Surgical ICU.
Regarding academics, we have a weekly CPC in our department in which all the consultants and trainees participate. Also under the umbrella of PSA-KP, we arranged a workshop on Critical Care recently in October 2018 and actively participated in the 1st International Critical Care and 2nd Anesthesia Conference in November 2018 at PC Peshawar.
I hope that with the passage of time our department will become exemplary for the rest of the institutions in terms of faculty, trainees and patient care.
May Almighty Allah continue to guide us in delivering services to mankind at our best”
Dr. Parhaizgar Khan
Chairman Anesth. Dept
MBBS, DA, FCPS
- 1. Designated Pre-operative Clinic for assessing preoperative patients.
- 2. Pain Clinic (OPD) for Chronic pain patients as a multidisciplinary team work.
- Modular OTs with state of the art equipment according to International Standards with Separate Induction Rooms and Procedure Rooms
- Fully equipped PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit)
- Anesthesia cover for specialized fields like Neurosurgery, Urology, Cardiovascular & Cardiothoracic cases.
- Proper infrastructure of Anesthesia Department :
Offices for Anesthesia Staff (Medics & Paramedics)
Demonstration/Conference Room for Academic purposes.
Departmental Library with latest edition books and journals
- New fully equipped SICU near to Modular OT in the old building and also in the new A&E Block.
- 24 hours Maternity Services (Pain less deliveries, obs. emergency)
- IBP promotion with additional staff and equipment in a designated OT set up.
Activities Conducted in the department:
- UNDER GRADUATES
- 4th year clinical batches in Anesthesia ward.
- Anesthesia related one TOACS Station for final year MBBS is conducted regularly.
- POST GRADUATES
- Diploma in Anesthesia (DA) Trainees
- Training of FCPS II & MCPS Trainees
- CPC on every Wednesday attended regularly by TMOs & consultants
- DEPARTMENTAL ACADEMICS
- Members of PSA KP
- Conducted a workshop on Mechanical Ventilation in October 2018
- Participation and active role in 1st International Critical Care & 2nd Anesthesia Conference on 23 & 24th December 2018 in PC Peshawar.
Daily Work Load
- G. Surgery (5 Units) 04 Tables for each unit twice a week
Gynae/Obs (4 units) 04 Tables for each unit twice a week for Gynae A & B +
06 Tables per week for Gynae C & D.
Orthopedic (3 units) 04 Tables for each unit twice a week for Ortho A & B Units +
02 Tables twice a week for Ortho C Unit
Peads Surgical 04 Tables twice a week
Laparoscopy 03 Tables throughout the week
Plastic Surgery 06 Tables in a week
Urology 02 Tables twice a week
Neurosurgery 02 Tables a week
EYE O.T 04 Tables for each unit twice a week
ENT O.T 04 Tables for each unit twice a week
MAIN O.T Morning 03 Tables
Evening 05 Tables
Night 03 Tables
EYE / ENT O.T 01 Table each shift
DAILY WORK LOAD 40 Tables